The European Academy of the Regions / Académie européenne des Régions (EAR-AER) is an international non-profit and non-political association, founded in 2014 in Brussels, Belgium.
The aim of the European Academy of the Regions / Académie européenne des Régions is to promote the idea of regionalisation and of regional action as a tool for employment and wealth creation.
It is also to promote and defend the interests of the historical regions, geographical or politically recognized provinces, districts and counties, cities and municipalities in Europe through EAR-AER´s involvement in the European decision making process and thus to encourage greater citizen participation.
EAR-AER promotes and defends the autonomy of regional and local authorities and their right to have adequate financial resources to enable them to exercise their responsibilities.
The organization supports cooperation between regional and local authorities of the Member States, neighboring States and third countries.
The EAR-AER’s activities follow several thematic strands:
* Establish contact and collaboration between less developed regions with more developed regions, through joint participation in European projects, through the exchange of best practices by making regional comparisons, etc. This would enable the first to take their fate in their own hands when it comes to create sustainable employment and development.
* Offering support to small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) for responding to tenders in the defense of security sectors, science and education in the regions of Europe.
* Encouraging the knowledge transfer in the field of culture and education within civil society.
* Promoting bilateral and multilateral specialized dialogue with foreign institutions, officials, culture fora, scientific, social or economic representative groups throughout Europe.
* Encouraging respect for human dignity and human rights in order to eliminate all forms of discrimination: cultural, ethnical, linguistic, religious, racial or sexual.
* Stimulating the development and cooperation between stakeholders in the labor markets to ensure the transition from school to work.
* Supporting the local regional and private entities to access EU funds.
* Promoting social inclusion of young people and of those belonging to vulnerable groups.
EAR-AER (European Academy of the Regions / Academie européenne des régions) was founded in 23 September 2013 and was registered in 26 January 2014 in Brussels, Belgium at the Ministry of Justice as an International non-profit Association (AISBL – association internationale sans but lucratif / internationale vereniging zonder winsoogmerk -ISBL) subject to and in accordance with the Belgian law of 27 June 1921 concerning non-profit-making associations, international non-profit-making associations and foundations under the number BE0546.777.716.
EAR-AER subscribed to the European Commission’s Register of Interest representatives and to the related code of conduct as requested by the European Transparency Initiative under the number 925546214858-78.
EAR-AER registered as legal entity to the Education and Culture Directorate-General and the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency of the European Commission under the Participant Identification Code (PIC) number 936791857 .
EAR-AER accounting is held by the company ADD Consult in accordance with Belgian law.
EAR-AER is exempted from VAT.
***EAR-AER will benefit in 2016, 2017 and 2018 from the support of Government of Flanders in terms of a grant of 3.000 euro with the agreement that EAR-AER will contribute to its goals. EAR-AER will assist to promote Flanders at EU level and back Flemish efforts of assisting Eastern-European EU and neighbouring countries in their economic and democratic development.
If you believe in our mission and would like to support our activities, please consider making a donation to the European Academy of the Regions to ensure our future success to BE79 6430 0745 4933 at Banca Monte Paschi Belgio Swift: BMPBBEBB