On 6th May, EAR President, Mr Nelu Neacsu met Mrs Elisabetta Gardini MEP, vice-chair of Delegation for relations with Mercosur and member of Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety. Taking into account that, the European Academy of Regions is aware of the importance of the illicit trade of tobacco in Europe regions and its impact for the health for consumers and for losings of taxation for the state, Mrs Gardini accepted to host a debate on this issue. The event will be organised on the 3rd of June in the European Parliament. Further information will be available soon. http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meps/en/58758/ELISABETTA_GARDINI_home.html
- Conference “Rebuild a sovereign and independent Ukraine, toward a sustainable European perspective”.
- EAR-AER started its series of events for the year 2023 with New Year debate about the “Benefits of Schengen for local and regional development”
- Invitation to the EAR-AER New Year’s Reception Debate “Benefits of Schengen for local and regional development”, Monday 23rd January 2023 18.30h-20.30h
- The Government of Flanders has decided to continue its financial support for the European Academy of the Regions for the coming three years!
- EAR-AER Blog reaches 500th contribution!