During its meeting on 3rd September, EAR-AER Board agreed on the following:
- Further steps will be taken in order to finalise ALDA and EAR-AER’s mutual membership. A formal agreement should be signed in near future;
- Official action will be put to invite Flanders as a future member of EAR-AER. It is also considered to organise a conference on “The regional approach in economic and social development” in the spring of 2016 with the participation of the Flemish Minister-President;
- Negotiations will start with the Free University of Brussels, in order to set up a “Master Class for Regional Development” in Brussels, as of July 2016. After evaluation of this pilot project, this educational event could be organized every 2 years;
- The board welcomed the start of membership discussions with Euroregion Dniester (from Ukraine: Vinnytsia region; from the Republic of Moldova: Donduşeni district, Dubasari district, Ocniţa district, Rezina district, Soroca district, Floreşti district, Şoldăneşti district), Giurgiu Municipality (RO), City and University of Genoa (IT), Lazio Region (IT) and Commune of Cumpana (RO);
- Three regional debates and a mission to Ukraine should be considered before the end of the year. This last one should contain a training on the role of civil society in regional development. A conference in Brussels on the regional approach in economic and social development is to be organised in March-April 2016.