We would like to inform you that DG RTD Directorate G (Energy) has launched the “Support Services for Exploitation of Research Results (SSERR)” for all energy projects from FP7 and H2020.
DG RTD G Energy is offering these services to research projects with the aim to support/advise the partners in their exploitation exercises and activities. The services are available to recently closed as well as current projects.
You know that impact and exploitation are gaining importance in FP7 and Horizon 2020. However, we have recognised that it has not yet sufficiently in the mind-set of researchers and research organisations. Often exploitable results are not clearly identified; project partners do not know how to set-up a business plan, or they do not feel comfortable when presenting their results to investors. This was the reason for developing this service offer.
There are five predefined services covering the most relevant needs of research projects and one service which will be agreed on a case-by-case basis according to the special needs of a project:
· Project Risk Analysis to identify the risks and potential obstacles to the future exploitation of project results
· Exploitation Strategy Seminars to brainstorm on key results, and how to address the risks and obstacles associated with exploitation
· Business Plan Development service to assist project partners in better approaching this crucial step towards the commercialisation of the products or services
· Assistance for Patenting to support partners in the different stages of protecting intellectual property rights
· Brokerage Events to allow projects to present their exploitable results to key actors (such as investors and business partners)
· Ad Hoc Assistance (to be agreed on a case-by-case basis)
The services are provided by external consultants under a confidentiality agreement, and the costs of the consultancy are covered by DG RTD G.
Attached you can find a leaflet with basic information of the services and the procedure to apply for them. For more information, please go to: http://sserr.meta-group.com/ SitePages/default.aspx.
Service requests should be sent to the Commission at RTD-ENERGY-SSERR@ec.europa.eu.
We invite you to share this information with FP7 and H2020 project partners in your country via your website, newsletters or mailings.